The cemetery was used from October 1914 to June 1918. Rows A to E contain the graves of 28 men of the 1st Rifle Brigade killed in October and November 1914, during fierce German attacks on the 11th Infantry Brigade.
There are now 74 First World War casualties buried or commemorated in this cemetery. 24 of the graves are unidentified but special memorials commemorate three casualties known to be buried among them. The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith.