Reninghelst was in British occupation from the autumn of 1914 to the end of the War, and it was sufficiently far from the front line to provide a suitable station for Field Ambulances. The Extension was used until the New Military Cemetery was opened in November 1915.
There are 56 Commonwealth burials of the 1914-1918 war, 1 of which is unidentified, and 2 of the 1939-1945 war in the Extension. There are also 3 Commonwealth burials of the 1914-1918 war in the churchyard. The Extension covers an area of 631 square metres and is enclosed by a brick wall.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):
- United Kingdom: 55 (+ 2 WW II)
- Australia: 1
- Total Commonwealth: 56 (+ 2 WW II)