Bleuet Farm was used as a dressing station during 1917 Allied offensive on this front. The cemetery was begun in a corner of the farm and was in use from June to December 1917, though a few of the burials are of later date. Two graves were brought into the cemetery after the Armistice from isolated positions close by.
The cemetery around 1920 (Collection Gilbert and Albertine Seys-Verstraete)
There are now 442 First World War burials in the cemetery and nine from the Second World War, all dating from the Allied retreat to Dunkirk in May 1940. The cemetery was designed by Sir Reginald Blomfield.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):
- United Kingdom: 437
- Canada: 2
- South Africa: 3
- Total Commonwealth: 442 (+9 WW II)
- Other Nationalities: 1