Locre (now Loker) was in British hands during the greater part of the war, and Field Ambulances were stationed in the Convent of St. Antoine, which was captured by the enemy. It was recaptured by French troops on the 26th, lost on the 29th and retaken by the French on the 30th. The Hospice, or Convent, was the scene of severe fighting on the 20th May, but was not retaken until first week in July. Locre No.10 Cemetery is one of a number made by the French troops in the Spring of 1918, but the graves of 248 French soldiers have been removed.
The British and German graves were made after the Armistice by concentrations from the battlefields. There are now over 50, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, over 10 are unidentified and special memorials are erected to three soldiers from the United Kingdom known or believed to be buried among them. The cemetery covers an area of 728 square metres and is enclosed by a low rubble wall.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):