Locre (now Loker) was in British hands during the greater part of the war, and Field Ambulances were stationed in the Convent of St. Antoine, which was captured by the enemy. It was recaptured by French troops on the 26th, lost on the 29th and retaken by the French on the 30th. The Hospice, or Convent, was the scene of severe fighting on the 20th May, but was not retaken until first week in July. Lochre Churchyard was used by British Field Ambulances and units from December 1914 to June 1917 and it contains two British plots, one in the Northern part and on in the Southern.
One grave in Plot II, Row F was brought after the Armistice from Locre French Cemetery No. 4, which stood at the Locre-La Clytte and Westoutre-Kemmel cross-roads. The British plots cover an area of 1,576 square metres. Loker Churchyard is located 11.5 Km south west of Ieper town centre on the Dikkebusseweg (N375).
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):
- United Kingdom: 184
- Canada: 31
- Total Commonwealth: 215