Wulverghem was the scene of a German gas attack on the night of the 29th-30th April, 1916, which was repulsed by the 3rd and 24th Division. It was captured by the enemy on the 14th April, 1918, and reoccupied by the 30th Division on the following 2nd September. Packhorse Farm was the name given to a farm on the East side of the most direct road from Lindenhoek to Wulverghem; and a little South of it was a wayside Shrine (now rebuilt nearer to the farm).
The 46th (North Midland) Division, who occupied this sector in the early summer of 1915, made a small cemetery at the farm, which was moved later into Lindenhoek Chalet Military Cemetery; and they also made this cemetery at the Shrine, which was used only from April to June, 1915. There are now nearly 60, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this. The cemetery covers an area of 673 square metres and is enclosed by a low brick wall on the front and left boundaries.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):