Spanbroekmolen was the name of a windmill a mile South-West of the village. The British Cemetery is a little East of where the windmill stood, to the South of the Wytschaete-Kemmel road. There are now nearly 60, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site 6 of whom are unidentified.
All were killed in action on the first (or, in one case, on the second) day of the Battle of Messines, 1917, all but one of whom belonged to the 36th (Ulster) Division. The cemetery was destroyed in subsequent operations, and found again after the Armistice; six graves had disappeared and are represented by special headstones. The cemetery covers an area of 304 square metres and is enclosed by a brick wall.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):