Croonaert Chapel was a shrine in a hamlet on the Wytschaete-Voormezeele road; and the cemetery is 146 metres West of that road. It was in No Man's Land before the Battle of Messines, 1917. The cemetery was begun by the 19th Division Burial Officer in June, 1917, and used until the following November; two further burials were made in April, 1918 and January, 1919. Fifty-one German graves of June, 1917, were removed after the Armistice. There are now over 50, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified. The Cemetey covers an area of 455 square metres and is enclosed by a rubble wall.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):