This cemetery was begun in March and April 1915, by the 2nd Suffolks; used for another burial in November, 1917; and used by the 38th Labour Group in October, 1918, for the burial of men who fell in the previous April, and of whom all but two belonged to the 1st/4th and 1st/5th York and Lancasters. On the last occasion it was described as Cheapside Cemetery, after the name given to the road which runs South-Westward from it.
There are now nearly 50, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, almost one-fifth are unidentified. The cemetery covers an area of 384 square metres and is enclosed by a concrete curb.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):