La Brique is a small hamlet on the western fringe of Sint Jan, and the name is derived from the fact that an old brick works used to stand nearby, prior to the 1914-18 War. La Brique Military Cemetery No. 1 was begun in May, 1915 and used until the following December.
There are now over 90, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified. The cemetery covers an area of 723 square metres and is enclosed by a low curb wall.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):