The farm was used as a German blockhouse, and in 1917 as a British Company Headquarters; the name is probably due to its occupation by a Wiltshire unit. The Cemetery was begun in October, 1917, and used until April, 1918, by units fighting on that front.
There are now nearly 200, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. The cemetery covers an area of 1,186 square metres and is enclosed by a brick wall.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):
- United Kingdom: 192
- Other Nationalities: 1