The site of the cemetery was between the Allied and German front lines in June 1917. The cemetery was begun by the 39th and 48th (South Midland) Divisions at the end of July, after Commonwealth forces advanced on this front. It was closed in November 1917, except for two burials in May 1918.
There are now 143 First World War burials in the cemetery, 21 of them unidentified.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):
- United Kingdom: 138
- Canada: 5
- Total Commonwealth: 143