Rifle House Cemetery was named from a strong point, of which no trace now exists. The earliest graves are those of the 1st Rifle Brigade in Plot IV, Rows E to J, beginning in November 1914. The latest are from June 1916. The cemetery was in German hands from 10 April to 29 September 1918.
Rifle House Cemetery contains 230 First World War burials. The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.