In the valley of the river Douve, north of Ploegsteert Wood, were two farms. La Petite Douve was the object of a successful raid by the 7th Canadian Infantry Battalion in November 1915 and La Plus Douve, which was generally within the Allied lines, was used at times as a battalion headquarters. It was also known as Ration Farm because battalion transport could approach it at night with rations.
La Plus Douve Farm Cemetery was begun in April 1915 by the 48th (South Midland) Division and continued in use until May 1918, when it fell into German hands. The cemetery contains 336 Commonwealth burials of the First World War. The cemetery was designed by Charles Holden.