The village of Boezinge was, during the greater part of the war, directly faced by the German front line on the East side. Colne Valley Cemetery was begun by Territorial battalions of the West Riding Regiment (49th Division) in July and August, 1915; and it remained in use until February, 1916.
There are now nearly 50, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. The Cemetery covers an area of 381 square metres and is enclosed by a low brick wall on the road side and by a curb on the remaining three sides.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):