Boesinghe (now Boezinge) village is on the West side of the Yser canal, and was, during the greater part of the War, directly faced by the German front line on the East side. Dragoon Camp was across the canal, due East of the village, and within the German lines until the 31st July, 1917. Dragoon Camp was a little South of the Boesinghe-Pilckem road, approached by a track leading from a point near Dragoon House past the Villa Gretchen. The name was given to the House, if not to the Camp, before the site was taken by the 38th (Welsh) Division on the 31st July, 1917. The Cemetery, called at first the Villa Gretchen Cemetery, was made by the 13th Royal Welch Fusiliers on the 9th August following, and used until October, 1917.
There are now over 60, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this cemetery. Of these, 10 are unidentified. The cemetery covers an area of 532 square metres and is enclosed by a low red brick wall.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):