Boezinge village is on the West side of the Canal, and was, during the greater part of the war, directly faced by the German front line on the East side. Welsh Cemetery was begun in July, 1917, at the spot known then as Caesar's Nose, by the 38th (Welsh) Division, twenty-three of whose soldiers are buried here; and it was used until the following November.
There are now nearly 70, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. The cemetery covers an area of 395 square metres and is enclosed by a low brick wall.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):