Blauwepoort Farm Cemetery
  • De toegang tot deze kleinere begraafplaats.
  • Een zicht op de begraafplaats.
  • Op elke Britse begraafplaats vind je deze steen.
Practical info
Location
Blauwepoort Farm Cemetery is located 3 km south east of Ieper town centre, on a single track road leading from the Komenseweg, connecting Ieper to Komen (N336). From Ieper town centre the Komenseweg is located via the Rijselsestraat, through the Rijselpoort (Lille Gate) and crossing the Ieper ring road, towards Armentieres and Lille. The road name then changes to Rijselseweg. 1km along the Rijselseweg lies the left hand turning onto Komenseweg. 2 km along the Komenseweg lies the right hand turning to the cemetery (towards house number 34 Komenseweg). The cemetery lies 500 metres at the end of this track
Zillebeke, Ieper
Ground - aerial
Coordinates
GPS-Reference R5692 - Blauwepoort Farm Cemetery
DMSX N 50°49'46.0'' - E002°54'29.1''
DMX N 50°49.767' - E002°54.485'
D N 50.829456° - E002.908084°
UTM 31U E 493526 N 5630864
GOOGLE EARTH 50 49.767 N, 002 54.485 E
Maps
• Mapquest
Info
BLAUWEPOORT FARM CEMETERY The cemetery was begun by a Battalion of Chasseurs Alpins in November, 1914, and used by British troops from February, 1915, to February, 1916.

There are now nearly 100, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. The cemetery covers an area of 1,097 square metres.

Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):
  • United Kingdom: 90
Other items in Zillebeke