There are now over 10, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. The Grave is a small enclosure, containing a War Cross; and on the base of the cross are carved the names, with this inscription: "Beneath this spot lie the bodies of an officer, three N.C.O's and eight men of or attached to the 177th Tunnelling Company, Royal Engineers, who were killed in action underground during the defence of Ypres between November, 1915 and August, 1917."
The Grave covers (with its approach road) an area of 87 square metres and is enclosed by a concrete curb with posts and iron railings. On the Southern side of Railway Wood is the Memorial of the 14th (Light) Division.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):